I have been tagged by 3 bloggers namely Ecobirder, Blogbumper and Pish for this blogger type of chain letter! The point of the game is to write a 6-word meme describing your inner birder and then pass it off to 5 more bloggers.
I have picked a photo taken of a male Sri Lanka Frogmouth in a nest observed on 11 March (my second for this season), during a 2-day birding trip to Sinharaja rain forest with Joan and Martin Fine to go with my 6-word mime.
As mentioned in my post; ‘In Search of a Drongo’, sex roles of this avian specialty endemic to South West India and Sri Lanka is reversed with the male attending to the usually feminine chores. It looks more cryptically coloured of the two sexes too with lichen like white patches of its body plumage offering the protective resemblance it requires to disguise itself as a broken branch when engaged in brooding activity, which it does single-handedly during the daylight hours. My meme:
Now I need to tag 5 bloggers to continue the game.
Here are the rules for those of you that I have just tagged:
1. Write your own six word meme (memoir).
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.,
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!